COKALA provides services for corporate accounts payable, academic and nonprofit institutions, insurance
companies, retirement plans, and banks
- Advisory services subscription for technical tax questions that arise in your daily operations regarding
compliance with tax withholding and reporting and documentation of payees - covers federal rules for
Forms W-9, W-8, 8233; Forms 1099, 1098, 5498, 1042-S; Forms 945, 1042; and related issues.
- Advisory services on tax issues, documentation and work eligibility for contracting with, or employing, foreign
individuals or foreign companies
- On-site consultation regarding compliance requirements for payee documentation on Forms W-9, W-8 and
8233; tax withholding and deposit; tax reporting on Forms 1099, 945, 1042-S and 1042
- Assistance with internal processing guidelines for regulatory compliance
- Tax compliance classes open to the public (see 2019 class schedule below) 2020 CLASS SCHEDULE
- On-site custom training programs for Form 1099-W-9 and Form 1042-S/Forms W-8/FATCA compliance at
all levels of your organization
- Publications and electronic bulletins to support compliance with regulatory requirements
Services from the
The Cokala group helps major U.S. companies and institutions avoid risk through effective
compliance with requirements for non-wage tax withholding, payee documentation, tax information
reporting, and related issues such as work eligibility and worker classification of employees and
independent contractors. The Cokala firm was founded in 2007.
|COKALA Tax Information Reporting Solutions, LLC
PO Box 2224, Ann Arbor MI 48106-2224
2020 SCHEDULE OF TAX COMPLIANCE CLASSES
If you have questions about 2020 class registration, please call 734-358-7875 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To register, download the fill-in 2020 CLASS REGISTRATION FORM.
2-DAY TRAINING on Form 1042-S Reportable Payments and Tax Withholding
Updated for 2020 including recent final and proposed Regulations and amendments to income tax treaties.
Covers all of the topics taught in our 1-day basic 1042-S class for withholding-at-source and FATCA
compliance, PLUS additional training on income tax treaty benefits, reviewing W-8 series forms and Form 8233
for validity, and working through real-life examples of payment situations and the related forms for beneficial
owner status (or reliance on presumption rules), federal income tax withholding and deposit, and preparation
of Forms 1042-S and 1042. Locations in 2020:
- Washington DC, July 29-30 - Chicago, October 28-29
- Boston, September 16-17 - Dallas, December 2-3
1-DAY Form 1099 and W-9 Tax Compliance Training for 2020
Updated for 2020 for major changes in forms and instructions. Primary focus on the REVISED Form
1099-MISC and NEW Form 1099-NEC; IRS Form W-9; federal backup withholding of 24% required on certain
1099 reportable payments; IRS CP2100 "B Notice" and 972-CG proposed penalty notice.
Attend this Form 1099 class at the following locations (you may combine 1-day Form 1099 class with Form
1042-S training at some locations; ask for information at 734-358-7875 or email email@example.com)
- Washington DC, July 28 - Cleveland, August 31 - Detroit, September 2
- Boston, September 15 - Phoenix, September 28 - San Francisco, October 1
- Raleigh, October 13 - Chicago, October 27 - Dallas, December 1; repeated on December 4
1-DAY Form 1042-S / FATCA / Forms W-8 Tax Compliance Training for 2020
Updated for 2020 including recent final and proposed Regulations. Basic tax compliance training for
withholding U.S. tax, and reporting on IRS Form 1042-S, for payments to foreign entities and foreign
individuals, under the requirements of Internal Revenue Code chapter 3 ("withholding at source" on
U.S-sourced income payments) and chapter 4 ("FATCA" requirements of the Foreign Accounts Tax Compliance
Act). You may combine 1-day Form 1042-S training with Form 1099 class at some locations; more information
is available by calling 734-358-7875 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Cleveland, September 1 - Detroit, September 3 - Phoenix, September 29
- San Francisco, October 2 - Raleigh, October 14