- Identify payments made during 2019 that must be reported to the IRS on a Form 1099
- Identify specific categories of payees and payments that are not reportable, and know what documentation you
need in order to exclude a payment from 1099 reporting
- Recognize the elements that require you to doubt the documentation furnished by a payee on Form W-9; how to
identify the reportable payee when you pay sole proprietors, LLCs, agents or middlemen; and how to identify
- Identify payment situations in which your organization has a backup withholding obligation, and what to do with
the 24% you are required to withhold from the payment
- Know how to prepare IRS Forms 1099 for 2019 and file with the IRS - include changes in regulations,
procedures, and instructions
- Comply with IRS filing requirements for Form 945, the reconciliation of withheld federal tax
Please note that this class is not designed to address the complex issues that arise in securities, bank financial
instruments, mutual funds, retirement plan or IRA tax reporting. If your needs are in those areas, please contact Cokala
about custom training by private webinar.
DATES and LOCATIONS of this class in 2019:
- Cleveland, September 9 at the Courtyard Cleveland Airport North hotel, North Olmsted OH
- Detroit, September 11 at the Detroit Metro Airport Marriott hotel, Romulus MI
- Raleigh-Durham, September 23 at the Courtyard Raleigh-Durham Airport/Morrisville hotel, Morrisville NC
- Birmingham AL, September 26 at the Birmingham Marriott hotel
- Boston, October 8 at the Residence Inn Boston-Cambridge hotel, Cambridge MA
- Dallas, October 22 at the DFW Airport Marriott hotel, Irving TX
- Dallas, October 25 (same class on each of these days in Dallas; same location; choose your date)
- Seattle, November 5 at the Courtyard Seattle Sea-Tac hotel, Tukwila WA
- San Francisco, November 7 at the Courtyard San Francisco Airport hotel, San Bruno CA
- Chicago, December 2 at the Courtyard O'Hare hotel, Des Plaines IL
- Cincinnati, December 5 at the Residence Inn Cincinnati Airport hotel, Erlanger KY
- Phoenix, December 11 at the Courtyard Phoenix Airport hotel, Phoenix AZ
Hotel location information
COKALA offers you
practical training in
FORM 1099 TAX REPORTING COMPLIANCE for 2019
1-day training class REGISTRATION
Taught by Marianne Couch, JD
This 1-day training program is again offered in 2019, updated for 2019 to equip you for compliance with
general Form 1099 tax reporting requirements, identify reportable and exempt payees, obtain payee
documentation on Form W-9, with special concentration on Form 1099-MISC reporting (including NEW
REGULATIONS and procedures affecting Form 1099-MISC filing for 2019), regulatory requirements for
backup withholding of tax, and the IRS compliance processes for incorrect TIN notifications (B Notices)
and information reporting penalties that may be proposed against your organization. Class also covers
recommended policies and procedures to lessen the risk of Form 1099 noncompliance in your
Cokala programs for 1099 and 1042-S tax compliance are widely respected for teaching the tax
technical requirements in the context of real-life situations and providing answers to the questions you
bring to class. In addition, your participation in this training program gives you three months of custom
support from Cokala's well-known tax technical compliance advisors, to help you with questions come
up your in work after attending class.
See below for dates and locations. Cokala training programs include continental breakfast and lunch.
Register by phone, email or mail
2019 CLASS REGISTRATION FORM (download PDF for on-screen fillable form)
By phone: call 734-358-7875 or 734.629.5155. Or, fill out registration form and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org, or send
form by mail to COKALA Tax Information Reporting Solutions LLC, PO Box 2224, Ann Arbor MI 48106.
$515 standard registration; $475 if paid 40 days prior to class; $465 if attendee’s company is a Cokala subscriber.
Continental breakfast and lunch included. Registration discounts are available for combination attendance at two
Cokala classes at the same location (see registration form for details). If three or more people from your organization
will attend at the same location, call 734-358-7875 for discount information.
This program is presented in a group-live format. Program level is Basic; there is no prerequisite requirement for this
class, and no advance preparation required. Class begins at 8:15 a.m.; ends at 3:00 p.m. Continental breakfast is
provided beginning at 7:45 a.m. Lunch is included with the program at no additional charge.
CPE RECOMMENDED CREDITS: 6
COKALA Tax Information Reporting Solutions, LLC is registered with the
National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor
of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE
Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the
acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding
registered sponsors may be addressed to the National Registry of CPE
Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org.
COKALA is also registered with the Texas State Board of Public Accountancy as a CPE Sponsor and with the Illinois
Department of Financial and Professional Regulations as a Continuing Professional Education Sponsor.
Cancellation and refund policies
Refunds: Requests for refunds must be received in writing at least seven business days prior to the first day of the
program, and are subject to a $50 cancellation fee.
For more information regarding administrative policies such as complaint, refund and cancellation, please contact our
office at 734.629.5155.
|COKALA Tax Information Reporting Solutions, LLC
PO Box 2224, Ann Arbor MI 48105-2224